For over 40 years Scotoil, a Tradebe business, has operated Scotland’s premier onshore facility authorised for the removal and disposal of NORM scale arising from the Oil & Gas industry
Following a full refurbishment and expansion of our analysis laboratory we are now able to offer externally a full and comprehensive range of sampling, analysis and characterisation services to companies in the Oil & Gas industry as well as the wider waste sector.
We have recently established direct contracts with a number of important clients to provide analysis services on a call-off basis as the client requires using pre-agreed commercial terms. Being located in Aberdeen this service is proving very beneficial to our clients as we can offer very fast analytical turnaround times for any urgent projects, particularly important for clients who have very limited deck space or who need to avoid costly downtime on other works.
All our services are performed to the highest standards and are supported by a range of quality and safety certifications. We also use the recognised knowledge and experience of our staff to provide more than just results: we will work with Clients to make sense of their data and to integrate the results into wider waste management and treatment/recycling/disposal processes.
Scotoil are able to offer from its Aberdeen laboratory:
- Gamma spectrometry – to identify the gamma nuclides in NORM samples, produced water and also leak testing for nucleonic sources on various platforms/sites
- Alpha spectrometry – to carry out for example radiochemical Polonium 210 analysis
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Optical Emission Spectrometry - that detects trace metals such as Zinc, Chromium, Arsenic, Cadmium ,Copper and Mercury. Upon request we can alter the suite of analysis to meet the clients specific needs.
- Flashpoint analyser to ensure clients have the correct information to meet their transport requirements, we can provide a turnaround time of just a few hours for urgent projects
- The capability to analyse for total Hydrocarbon content of both solids and liquids, with the option to have a more detailed breakdown on Hydrocarbons present, along with testing for Ammonia content in water
Further investment will shortly enable a mercury analyser to allow for fast mercury results, which are often requested by the client.
In addition to these analysis capabilities Tradebe is able to offer a comprehensive analysis service to the wider waste sector to support of the treatment/reuse/recycling/disposal of wastes at our operational sites, these include:
- Low Level and Intermediate Level radioactive wastes from the nuclear industry through Tradebe Inutec’s UKAS accredited laboratories on the Winfrith Nuclear Licensed Site.
- A wide range of chemicals, solvents, trade effluents, hazardous and non-hazardous waste etc as can be seen at our website www.tradebe.co.uk
If you require more information regarding Scotoil’s and/or Tradebe’s sampling and analysis capability or require a quote/contract please complete the on-line enquiry form or contact Scotoil +44 (0) 1224 571491